Teen killed, almost decapitated in Faridabad, family alleges rape
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
According to police, Ram Gopal (30) alias Sonu was arrested from Tawdu village, Mewat on Friday afternoon.
While police have registered a case of murder, the girl's family alleged that she was also kidnapped and raped.
Family members of the girl, a Class XII (Humanities) student, said she left home for her tuition class around 3 pm on Thursday. When she did not return by evening, her family began searching for her.
Later, the family received a call from police informing them that a girl's body, with the head almost severed, had been found at a nearby guest house. The family identified her.
Speaking to Newsline, the victim's mother said, "I tried contacting her on her mobile phone but it was switched off. I went to her tuition class and her teacher told me that my daughter never came for the class. I went to her classmate's house, where I found out about this man. Her friend told me that Sonu used to stalk her. She was kidnapped, raped and brutally murdered."
The owner of the guest house from where the body was found told police that the couple had come to her place asking for a room on rent. "I gave them the keys of room number 1. When I asked them for identity proof, the man said he would give it in sometime," the owner said.
"Twenty minutes later, I saw the man rushing out and suspected something was wrong. I went upstairs to check and found the girl dead in the room," she said.
Police said the girl suffered a deep cut on her neck that reportedly cut her windpipe. She also had deep cuts on her stomach and hands.
"It shows that she tried to resist and there was scuffle between the two. The accused slit her throat and threw the knife on the sofa before fleeing," an officer said.
Police said Sonu was traced through his mobile phone. "Sonu told us that he was in love with the girl and wanted to marry her but she refused. The murder was pre-planned as he was carrying a knife with him and had also booked the room in advance. He told the girl that he wanted to talk to her and took her to the room. He tried to convince her but when she turned down his proposal again, he murdered her," the officer said.
Police said they were awaiting the post-mortem report to ascertain rape.
As news of the girl's murder spread, residents of Gandhi Colony, Faridabad and adjoining villages blocked the central highway, disrupting traffic for over two hours.
The mob also set fire to a motorcycle. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held