Teen killed, almost decapitated in Faridabad, family alleges rape
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Police said the girl suffered a deep cut on her neck that reportedly cut her windpipe. She also had deep cuts on her stomach and hands.
"It shows that she tried to resist and there was scuffle between the two. The accused slit her throat and threw the knife on the sofa before fleeing," an officer said.
Police said Sonu was traced through his mobile phone. "Sonu told us that he was in love with the girl and wanted to marry her but she refused. The murder was pre-planned as he was carrying a knife with him and had also booked the room in advance. He told the girl that he wanted to talk to her and took her to the room. He tried to convince her but when she turned down his proposal again, he murdered her," the officer said.
Police said they were awaiting the post-mortem report to ascertain rape.
As news of the girl's murder spread, residents of Gandhi Colony, Faridabad and adjoining villages blocked the central highway, disrupting traffic for over two hours.
The mob also set fire to a motorcycle. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet