Teenage girl gangraped in Haryana
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A teenage girl from Karnal was allegedly raped by over ten men and later dumped at a railway station, a GRP officer said.
The victim, aged around 16 years, was rescued by Government Railway Police personnel at the railway station near Karnal.
"The girl, a resident of Tarwari area, has claimed that she was raped by 10-11 people. She was lured by a man who had promised to marry her. Our men rescued her from the railway station," the officer said.
The victim has undergone a medical examination, he said, adding that the result of which is awaited.
In the last few months, Haryana has seen spurt in cases of violence against women.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations