Teenage girl held for setting classmate on fire
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A teenage girl was arrested after she allegedly set her classmate on fire today following an old dispute between them, police said.
The incident took place at Bareilly town, about 100 kms from here.
The victim, identified as Khushboo (18) has suffered 40 per cent burns in the attack and rushed to government hospital, they said.
According to SP Shashikant Shukla, the accused Rupali and Khushboo are students of a local higher secondary school.
"Both the girls have some old dispute. Today, they had an argument in which Khushboo allegedly passed a remark on Rupali's character," he said.
Offended by this, Rupali went to Khushboo's house, doused her in kerosene and set her ablaze, the SP said, adding the victim's mother was also injured while trying to save her.
Rupali was arrested and a case under section 307 (attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against her, the officer added.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM