Teenage's rape: School says victim, sisters left voluntarily
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 13-year-old rape victim and her two sisters, studying in a government school here, left the institute on their own and were never expelled, authorities said today.
The teenage girl, allegedly raped repeatedly by a 60-year-old fruit seller for the past five months, and her two sisters were enrolled in the Government Middle School in a village in Haryana's Fatehbad district.
They were never expelled and left on their own, the school authorities claimed.
Wishing anonymity, a school functionary said "the family of the girls decided to withdraw them from the school and they were not expelled."
The man, who allegedly lured the victim, a student of class six, by offering fruits free of cost, was arrested by police yesterday.
A complaint lodged by mother of the girl with police alleged the man raped her daughter during school hours.
Haryana has witnessed a spurt in cases of rapes during the past two months.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held