Telangana Congress MLAs to seek early decision on statehood
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Stepping up their efforts for A separate Telangana, ruling Congress MLAs from the region would soon write a letter to the party high command to take an early and favourable decision on the issue.
Several Telangana Congress MLAs, who met here today, also appealed to the youth of the region not to commit suicides in support of the statehood demand.
"We are ready for any sacrifice for the sake of Telangana. We appeal to the youth not to make their parents face the agony of losing children," Congress Chief Whip in the
Assembly G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters.
He said the Telangana Congress MLAs would continue their efforts to realise the long-pending statehood demand.
The Congress leadership and the Centre have recently said further consultations are needed to find a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations