Ten of a family killed in Agra fire
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Ten persons of a family including a brother duo, their wives and six children were killed in a fire that broke out in their house in Sadar Bazar area of Agra district on Saturday. Four other members in the family escaped unhurt as they ran out of the house.
Agra SSP Sunil Chandra Bajpai said the incident took place in Bruj Mohan Agrawal's house in Bundu Katra locality around 1.30 am. Agrawal's two sons, Mahesh Chandra and Rakeshand and their wives died of suffocation.
Mahesh's three children and Rakesh's two children too were killed in the incident, the SSP confirmed.
He said Bruj Mohan Agrawal and his sons run a shop of general merchant and paints in Sadar Bazar and they had stored paints and chemicals in a room on the first floor of the house where Mahesh and Rakesh used to live with their families.
The SSP said that the fire station and the police were informed by locals, but it took them over an hour to reach to Agrawal's house as it is located in a small congested lane.
The LPG cylinder on the ground floor too caught fire leading to an explosion. The police and the firemen entered the house after flames were doused to find bodies of the deceased, Bajpai said. The doctors informed that the victims died of suffocation and that the burns were caused after death, Bajpai added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'