Tenders for 2 PGI chemist shops fetch Rs 68 lakh
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
After the recent controversy over the auctioning of chemist shops in the PGIMER, following which the institute had to cancel the process and call fresh tenders, the two shops Thursday fetched a whopping amount in the fresh tendering process. According to sources in PGIMER, the shop at the Advanced Trauma Centre PGIMER which had fetched Rs 24 lakh in the previous auction today fetched the highest bid of Rs 46 lakh, tenders for which were opened on Thursday.
Another chemist shop located in the Medical Emergency of the Nehru Hospital, PGIMER fetched the highest bid of Rs 22 lakh as against a mere Rs 3 lakh fetched last time.
It was in December last when the PGIMER authorities had to cancel the tender process following allegations of a cartel of chemists working after an insider had allegedly tipped them off about the bids sent by various chemists. The chemist then formed a cartel to deliberately lower the rates in the which these two chemist shops which otherwise fetch a very high amount to go for a lower price.
These shops were the most sought after commercial spaces.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow