Tenders for 2 PGI chemist shops fetch Rs 68 lakh
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
After the recent controversy over the auctioning of chemist shops in the PGIMER, following which the institute had to cancel the process and call fresh tenders, the two shops Thursday fetched a whopping amount in the fresh tendering process. According to sources in PGIMER, the shop at the Advanced Trauma Centre PGIMER which had fetched Rs 24 lakh in the previous auction today fetched the highest bid of Rs 46 lakh, tenders for which were opened on Thursday.
Another chemist shop located in the Medical Emergency of the Nehru Hospital, PGIMER fetched the highest bid of Rs 22 lakh as against a mere Rs 3 lakh fetched last time.
It was in December last when the PGIMER authorities had to cancel the tender process following allegations of a cartel of chemists working after an insider had allegedly tipped them off about the bids sent by various chemists. The chemist then formed a cartel to deliberately lower the rates in the which these two chemist shops which otherwise fetch a very high amount to go for a lower price.
These shops were the most sought after commercial spaces.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'