Tendulkar exits ODIs, but his fan to bat on
Tatke has passed on his infectious enthusiasm to his daughter Pooja too. A second year BCom student at SP College, she has been assisting her father and building up her own collection too. "I love keeping records. Be it the number of games played, runs scored or wickets taken, they all make for a lot of useful information. With the Internet also proving to be a vast treasure trove of these statistics, I love collating information related to him (Sachin)."
Tatke's 20 years' endeavour bore fruit in May this year when Tendulkar was in the city for the IPL match against Pune. "He signed one of his photographs for me. Though I couldn't get a chance to show him anything (from his collection) as it was too crowded."
Tatke says Sachin might have quit ODIs but he hasn't quit Test cricket.
"They will always write about him, talk about him or tell stories about him. And I will be collecting them all. I hope I can take these articles and photos to him on his birthday next year, and tell him how they inspired people like me in our own ways to do something about it," he says.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow