Test and one-day captain Michael Clarke says both Marsh and Pomersbach deserve to be in contention after cleaning up their acts.
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Till a few months ago the international cricket careers of party boys and best friends Shaun Marsh and Luke Pomersbach looked dead and buried.
But now after enjoying rip-roaring form and success for the Perth Scorchers and the Brisbane Heat in Cricket Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) respectively, both Marsh and Pomersbach are in line for national recalls.
The Australian selectors are tipped to name a T20 squad on Monday for the matches against Sri Lanka to be played at the ANZ Stadium on January 26 and the MCG two days later. And, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, Test and one-day captain Michael Clarke says both Marsh and Pomersbach deserve to be in contention after cleaning up their acts. Clarke feels both have made the most of their opportunities, and have been courageous in their comeback bids. He sees no reason why the two can't make it to the national squad.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations