The Comic Voice
While the podcast often features several unconventional, and sometimes controversial topics and opinions, the duo have met with very little opposition. "There hasn't been a lot of hate, surprisingly. The only hate we get is from people who ask why our shows are not longer or shorter or why they weren't as funny as the last post," he says. This might be because of their farsighted decision to name the podcast All India Bakchod. "The name works as a filter; if you don't like the name, chances are you won't like the show either. Originally, we wanted something retro; this is a play on All India Radio, the first thing we think of when we hear the word radio," Khamba explains.
While Khamba and Bhat were the first to come up with a comedy podcast, new podcasts such as Desi Bromance and Kaan Masti are also active now. "A lot of people have begun to podcast after we started All India Bakchod. It's great because they're all taking this in new directions. But, the scene is still nowhere near what it is in the US. It's still very niche here," he says.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations