The era of connected devices has begun
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
VICE-PRESIDENT (MOBILE), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS INDIA
Every once in a while, an innovation emerges that has a profound impact on the way we live—elegantly simple, intuitive and with the power to surprise and delight. Convergence is one such innovation. It gives consumers freedom to seamlessly share, interact with and access content across devices, with the people they want to stay connected with. Convergence is here to stay and companies like ours are pushing the boundaries of innovation to offer products that work seamlessly and effortlessly together.
I would term the year 2012 as a year of smart devices. One is seeing the strong consumer acceptance of smart televisions, smartphones, tablets and the introduction of smart devices like the Samsung ATIV Smart PC, Samsung Note 800, Samsung Galaxy Camera. While the ATIV Smart PC can easily transform from a traditional clamshell notebook PC to a tablet PC device with just the click of a button, the Samsung Note 800 tablet allows consumers new ways to create and consume content. The Galaxy Camera opens up a new era of connected camera devices.
One of the reasons for the rapid adoption of these convergence or smart devices is the consumers' desire to personalise devices to meet their needs and their need to stay connected at all times. Applications and the ecosystem therefore are becoming increasingly relevant for the marketing of these devices as consumers look for solutions. Thus, we are seeing a tremendous proliferation of the application ecosystem, with application developers working with companies to offer new and exciting solutions for consumers. In fact, we are seeing young engineering students developing mobile applications for our young consumers. And going forward this trend is likely to grow more prominent.
Talking about young consumers, we are seeing a rapid adoption of our smart devices by the youth , who are pretty much at the centre of this rapidly growing universe of smart connected devices. Smartphones and smart devices are being used by the youth and not only by the youth in metros. In fact, we are seeing service providers even rolling out specific data plans for the youth since data consumption on the mobile is seeing a sharp growth.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow