- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Union Minister Pawan Bansal who is the local MP was given charge of Railways Ministry.
The detailed project report for Metro Rail was submitted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
Funds for purchase of 98 new buses by Chandigarh Transport Undertaking was approved.
Duronto Express between Chandigarh and Amritsar was converted into Superfast Express after demand for the same was raised by people.
Airlines started additional flights to and from the Chandigarh. Some new airlines also started operations.
Proposals approved for the Railway Station including installation of escalators, extension of foot overbridge, etc.
Trains connecting Chandigarh with Mumbai were flagged off.
An afternoon Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi announced.
Unauthorized autorickshaws continue to ply on the city roads.
There is a lack of check on overcharging by autorickshaws.
CTU buses remain off roads due to dispute with State Transport Authority over passing of buses without insurance.
Proposal for Bus Rapid Transport system hangs fire.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations