The Human Touch
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Chandigarh Institute of Performing Arts (CIPA) will present Guffaen, a play written by playwright Mudrarakshas and directed by Shyam Juneja. The play talks about extra-marital relations and the darkness which reflects in people's lives. It stages the story of a kidnapper and a hostage, who discover the emptiness in their lives. The hostage is a girl, whose family is already breaking owing to differences between her parents, and doesn't want to return to the ambiguous environment where relations are farcical. The age difference between a married couple and their non-compatibility gives birth to many complications and destroys the entire family. Through the characters, Guffaen talks about these sensibilities and the fragile human relationships in modern times. The main roles are being played by Shyam Juneja and Deepali Batta. The production will be managed by Ranjit Roy and the music has been given by Vivek Nalin.
Guffaen will be staged today at Tagore Theatre at 7 pm.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM