- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Executive saloons serve as a bridge between mid-size saloons and more expensive luxury cars. The striking Hyundai Elantra is the latest entrant to this segment, and in its diesel automatic avatar, is particularly interesting. Could it be the car for you on your move up the corporate ladder?
Today's crop of executive saloons are so well-rounded, it really questions the need to spend much more of your money for only a little more car. It's only natural to want moreómore space, more comfort, more power and, of course, more style. But are these slightly larger cars worth forking out the sizeable premium for? Not really.
The main reason of course is the cars before you. They all have powerful and refined diesel motors, they all come equipped with automatic gearboxes and all of them are really well equipped. Each of them has a beautifully built cabin with plenty of space, and each of them will do 90% of what their larger cousins can, but at only 60% the cost.
So, what are your options? Hyundai has just made a splash in this segment with its stylish all-new Elantra. It's well priced, is loaded to the gills with features and comes with the assurance of Hyundai's vast service network. If that doesn't have you interested, the fact that it is available with an automatic gearbox, surely will. It certainly makes a lot of sense, but is it the best car you could buy over its rivals?
To find out we've brought in the refreshed Chevrolet Cruze that recently received a new engine, and also the Volkswagen Jetta that has won itself quite a few admirers for being a mini-Passat. And we've also included the Skoda Laura which, despite its seven-year vintage, continues to be a popular choice among buyers.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held