- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Police drive against black films on cars
Ambala:Ambala District Police (Rural) conducted a special drive to check vehicles that have been installed with a black film without prior authorisation. More than half-a-dozen vehicles were found with black films and the owners were challaned. DCP (Rural) Nazneen Bhasin said no one would be spared using black films and appealed to vehicle owners to get the films removed voluntarily.
Biker dies in road mishap, 2 injured
Ambala:Himanshu (24), a resident of Chanderpuri colony Ambala Cantonment was killed when an unidentified vehicle hit him on Friday night. Two others riding pillion were injured. The incident occurred when Himanshu in an effort to save a cow applied his brakes and was rear-ended by a vehicle killing him on the spot. The injured were admitted to Civil Hospital.
UBI holds credit camp
Chandigarh:The United Bank of India (Chandigarh Region) organised a 'Credit Delivery Camp' at its Sector 17-C office on Saturday. The camp gave customers spot sanctions (In-principle approval) of various retail and MSME loans. The customers were also briefed about various other services like life insurance, mutual fund schemes, inward remittance services from abroad and the alternate delivery channel products like e-banking.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations