The Mean Machines
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
India Bike Week
If the smell of burning rubber sets your pulse racing and the vroom of cruisers make you hold your breath, then the India Bike Week (IBW) is just the place to park. Inspired by the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the United States, which brings together almost five lakh motorcycle enthusiasts every year, this is a two-day festival for motorcycle riders from across India, who will converge at the Vagator beach in Goa today. Visitors can drool over vintage bikes and walk into the "biker's flea market" comprising ready-to-sell motorbikes and spare parts that are not easily available. Those dissatisfied with their bikes can go to the Pimp My Bike Zone where one can get a fresh makeover for their bikes.
"Such festivals don't happen in India. Our aim is to get the brotherhood of bikers together in one place where they can meet each other, share stories and know what is happening in the biking world," says Martin da Costa, one of the organisers. For those biker enthusiasts who will not be able to fly down to the bikers's festival, we bring to you a series of biker clubs, places and stores in the Capital to look out for.
The Delhi Bikers Breakfast Run started by Joshua John is for all those who are short on time yet raring to go. The bikers of the group explore various breakfast destinations within 100 kilometres of the city and assemble together for a cup of chai every month.
Another club, who call themselves The Royal Beasts is open only to owners of the Bullet. Apart from the city and weekend rides, they travel to Ladakh and also offer the "quit your job and be on the roads for months" ride.
Meanwhile, the India Bull Riders, which is a vintage classic motorcycle riders club, who meet every week, also bike their way to Rajasthan, Spiti and Ladakh.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow