The president is just like the party: Beni Prasad verma on Nitin Gadkari
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Tuesday took a dig at BJP and its chief Nitin Gadkari, saying "the president is just like the party".
"Gadkari is fully qualified for the presidentship of BJP. This is the qualification required to become BJP President... BJP president must be like this only. This is the essential qualification in BJP," he siad.
Media reports have raised questions over the source of funds for Purti Power and Sugar Ltd controlled by Gadkari.
Media investigations claim that major investments and large loans to Purti were made by a construction firm Ideal Road Builders (IRB) group, which had won contracts between 1995 and 1999, when Gadkari was PWD minister in Maharashtra.
Gadkari has denied the allegations and offered himself and his companies to any probe.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held