The subject of my affection
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Mathematics is one of the oldest subjects in the history of humanity. It is an interesting game of numbers. Mankind would never have advanced to the extent it is now were it not for mathematics. Mathematics is a fascinating subject for people of all ages. Without of mathematics, our lives would have been very complicated.
Mathematics is branched into three main streams — arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Arithmetic deals with numbers. Algebra deals with variables and constants. Geometry deals with shapes. These three streams are further classified and are grouped.
Mathematics is essential for fields like engineering and space sciences. Even a minute calculation error while constructing a house or designing a rocket may ruin an entire project. Mathematics is equally dangerous as it is useful. It is a subject which has to be dealt very carefully with.
Mathematics has not always been my area of interest. I was very poor at it till sixth standard . I started gaining interest in the subject from seventh standard onwards. I like mathematics because I find it simple and understandable when compared to subjects like English , Civics and Geography.
Mathematics is my favorite because it is about understanding concepts. Once you are thorough with concepts, you can solve any mathematical problem. I love mathematics because I aspire to become an engineer. It is one of the subjects in which one can get full marks.
India has produced great mathematicians like Aryabhatta, Bhaskara and Brahmagupta. Without the discovery of zero by legendary mathematician and astronomer Aryabhatta, we would never have had numbers up to infinity. I too would like to become a proud Indian and Mathematician like Aryabhatta.
n Nishant Iyer, Father Agnel, Vashi
My favorite subject in school is music. We have a music room filled with lovely pictures of great artistes and the collection of musical instruments that fascinates me. I sing well and my parents, who also sing well, have always encouraged me.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held