There is need for critical analysis of Tagore's works: Pranab
There is a need for a critical analysis of the works of Rabindranath Tagore to understand the relevance of the Nobel Laureate's ideologies, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said today.
"There is a need for critical analysis to discover, rediscover the relevance of (his) ideologies...," Mukherjee, who is also chairman of the National Implementation Committee for the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, said.
He was speaking after the release of a trilogy on Rabindranath Tagore in Marathi, written by Narendra Jadhav, here. Jadhav is a member of the Planning Commission.
"Tagore's nationalism was not confined to narrow partisan or sectarianism... His (brand of nationalism) was universal," he noted.
The trilogy includes a book of Tagore's 151 selected poems and another one on translations of his writings.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow