Third arrest made in Versova murder case
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Police probing the Wednesday morning murder of 56-year-old Sabatina Fernandez, who was found dead on the doorstep of her seventh-floor flat in Versova two days ago, made a third arrest on Friday.
Oshiwara Police arrested Vikram Singh (23) in Bandra (East) and handed him over to their Versova counterparts.
Garbage collector Vishal Tak (20) and watchman of the building Shiv Kamal (20) were arrested on the day of the incident itself, but Singh was absconding.
Police also recovered the jewellery stolen by the three.
They said the accused went to Sabatina's flat when her husband Victor had gone out.
They rang the bell and as she opened the door attacked her with a knife and ran away with jewellery she was wearing.
"Tak and Shivkamal confessed to the crime and named Singh," said an officer at Versova Police Station.
Singh, who works as a spot boy and resides in Nerul, had gone underground after police arrested his accomplices.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held