Those who aid rape accused will be exiled: Baghpat panchayat
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In the wake of widespread outrage over the gangrape in Delhi, a panchayat in Baghpat has decided that anyone who helps a rape-and-murder accused in getting bail will not be allowed to stay in the village.
The body of a six-year-old girl was found in a field at Hameedabad village on December 11. Accused Anil Kumar Kashyap, who was arrested the same day, is lodged in jail.
The panchayat was held on Wednesday evening where the members expressed their outrage over Anil's "heinous act".
Pradhan Mukesh Sharma said, "The Delhi incident was in the people's mind. It was decided that anyone who helps Anil get bail will not be allowed to stay in the village so that no one dared to commit such a crime again."
Anil's family members, including his mother, elder brother Sunil Kashyap, his wife and children, left the village soon after the incident and are staying with relatives.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet