Three held for gangrape of 20-year-old in Narela
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Two on the run; woman says she was kidnapped, drugged and raped.
Three persons have been arrested on charges of kidnapping, drugging and raping a 20-year-old woman. The incident was reported from Outer Delhi's Tikri Village in Narela on January 2, police said.
The victim had reportedly gone to Dayal Market in Alipur to buy groceries when she was kidnapped by the accused. While three accused, identified as Yogendra alias Raju, Sunil Kumar alias Sonu and Rahul Kumar, have been arrested, the police have sent out teams teams to nab the other two, identified as Jitendra and Manoj.
The victim, in her statement to the police, said Jitendra, the main accused, and four of his friends kidnapped her from the market and drugged her. They took her to a plot and took turns to rape her. The victim alleged that she was then dropped near a bus stand in the area, from where she made a PCR call and informed police about the incident. "The victim made a PCR call from a PCO booth near Singhu Border, after which a team was sent to nab the accused. She was sent to Raja Harish Chandra Hospital, where a medical examination confirmed rape. Accordingly, a case of kidnapping, rape and threatening with common intention was registered at the Alipur police station," a senior police officer said.
It was found that Jitender, the main accused, was a close friend of the victim and the landlord of the woman's house. She lived there with her parents after separating from her husband a few months ago. The victim alleged that Jitendra, who is on the run, had sexually assaulted her before she got married. The police have registered a case of rape and kidnapping against the accused and are investigating the case. "We are trying to ascertain if the main accused, Jitendra, hatched a plan to rape the victim, along with his four friends. Investigation is underway," an officer said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’