Three killed in two road accidents
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Three people died in two road accidents on Friday morning. In both the cases, bus drivers were involved.
Jatin Khullar, 21, was killed on GT road while he was going to Doraha where he worked in a private firm. The accident happened near Dhandari Kalan when he was going to office and a Patiala bus (PB23 F7789) hit him from back and ran him over. The victim, a resident of Basti Jodhewal, died on the spot. So far, police could not trace the driver and the bus.
In the second incident, a Punjab Roadways bus coming from Chandigarh hit a tempo and a motorcycle at Jandiali Chowk near Kohara and killed two. The victims were identified as Quttabdin Ansari, 13, who was sitting with his brother Sahbaj Ansari, the driver of the tempo, and 35-year-old motorcyclist Bikar Singh.
The driver ran away, leaving the bus behind. FIRs have been registered in both the cases.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held