Three killed in US mall shootout
A gunman opened fire in a shopping mall in suburban Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, killing at least two people and severely injuring another before killing himself. About 3.30 pm, the police said they received calls about a shooting in progress at the Clackamas Town Center in Happy Valley.
The police provided few details. "We believe that there was only one shooter involved," Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said. "The shooter is dead of an apparent self-inflicted wound."
At least 10,000 people were in the mall at the time of the shooting, the police said. Witnesses told local news agencies that the gunman was wearing dark clothing and a mask.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow