Three live rocket shells found in Panchkula
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Three live rocket shells were recovered from Khadak Mangoli area of Panchkula on Tuesday morning. The discovery caused panic in the village which falls in Old Panchkula.
Army personnel took the shells to a CRPF camp at Makhan Majra village in Chandigarh where these will be defused.
The shells were discovered by one Arjun Singh in his field. He called the police who further informed the Army and CRPF personnel, whose teams reached the spot to take stock of the situation.
An investigation is going on to find how the rocket shells reached the field. As per officials, it could be the handiwork of some scrap dealer who left the shells there. Other theories are also being examined.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet