Three more arrests in Kasarwadi assault & robbery case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The crime branch of Pune police have arrested three more persons in connection with the assault and robbery at Ramesh jewellers in Kasarwadi on December 10.
The suspects have been identified as Janaksingh Waghola alias Darbar (20), Feroz Shaikh (22) and Kalpesh Prajapati (20), all natives of Gujrat. With this, the number of arrests in the case has reached five. Police had earlier arrested two persons Shravanbharati Gaswami (21) and Naresh Giri Goswami (20), both natives of Gujarat who were currently residing in Pimpri.
The crime branch team has recovered over 2 kg gold from the suspects. Owner of Ramesh Jewellers Narendrakumar Champalal Jain (42) had lodged a complaint at the Pimpri police station.
The suspects had entered his shop on the pretext of buying a gold ring. But all of a sudden, they attacked Jain with a sharp weapon and fled with gold ornaments and cash, totalling Rs 90 lakh on December 10. The injured Jain had to be
admitted to Aditya Birla Hospital.
Investigations revealed that suspect Sharavanbharati was working at a jewellery shop owned by Dalpat Goswami in Kalewadi. Goswami has good relations with Jain and they used to meet for business purposes. Shravanbharati was aware of Jain's jewellery shop and money lending business.
He along with his accomplices planned to attack and rob Jain. They studied movements at Jain's shop for a couple of days and attacked him on December 10. All five suspects were produced in a magistrate court in Pimpri on Friday. The court remanded the suspects in police custody till December 31.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held