Three tribal women, minor gangraped in Gujarat
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Three tribal women and a minor working at a construction site of Narmada canal were allegedly gangraped late Thursday night by about seven unidentified men in Viramgam area, about an hour's drive from Ahmedabad city.
According to police, four families, originally from Garbada in Dahod district, were sleeping in their temporary tents near the construction site located about one-km from Hansalpur village. Between 11 pm and 12 pm six to seven unidentified men reportedly woke them up and said the village priest had been robbed and they were responsible for it.
"The assailants asked them to come out of their tent and later separated men and women members of the families. There are six men and seven women in the four families. The accused held the men and children hostage and threatened to kill them if they made any move," police said.
Police said the assailants raped four women one by one including a 17-year-old about 100 to 200 metres from their tents. The accused also looted Rs 30,000 in cash and silver jewellery worth Rs 20,000 from them.
According to Superintendent of Police Gagandeep Gambhir, the real motive of offenders was to rob the victims. These families had received the cash as wages a couple of days ago for the some work that they did in Sanand area.
She said the police got various clues about the offenders who would be arrested very soon. She also said that the incident seems to be connected with the Sanand incident. In July 2011 in Sanand, two women, who were working near Chekhla village at a construction site, had been raped and robbed in similar fashion.
According to police, there are several gangs in the district who after robbing people would also rape the women so that they didn't approach police.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held