Three-day PTU youth fest starts at GNIMT
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The three-day Inter-zonal Youth Festival started at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology (GNIMT), Gujarkhan campus, Model Town, on Sunday. In all, 22 colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University from all four zones of Punjab are competing in various items.
Inaugurating the festival, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria emphasised that cultural activities were as important as academics.
Dr S N Kant, former director (youth welfare), Panjab University, and observer appointed by PTU, highlighted the importance of youth festivals in the development of communication skills, confidence and overall personality of the students.
In the youth festival, Bhangra, classical dance and mime events were held on the first day while on second day, one-act play, debate and quiz will be organised. Vaar singing, Punjabi folk song and quiz (final) will be the other items.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held