Three-day remand for Godhra man accused of raping daughter
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A local court in Godhra Sunday sent a man, who is accused of raping his eldest daughter (18) for three years and molesting the younger one, to three-day police remand. The 43-year-old man is father of four daughters and as many sons.
The man was arrested by the B Division police of Godhra town Saturday. He was produced before a magistrate who sent him to police custody.
"He was living his family in a one-room house. The victim had abandoned her studies some five years ago and the father started taking advantage of her loneliness when other members of the family were not around," said inspector Jayantilal Pandya.
"During interrogation, the accused said that his family members had conspired against him since he used to beat them over domestic issues. However, his wife told the police that the girl might have been exploited and that he acted so smartly that she never even got a whiff of it all these years," Pandya said, adding that the man allegedly used to threaten the girl to murder her if she informed anybody about him.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet