Tiger cubs gets christened by Jayalalithaa
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
An avid animal lover, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today visited the famous Arignar Anna Zoological Park at nearby Vandalur and christened seven tiger cubs including white ones.
Arjuna and Athreya were the names given by the chief minister to two male white tiger, while two female cubs were named as Chitra and Cauvery by her during her maiden visit to the zoo.
Three tiger cubs were named as Nethra, Vidya and Aarthi by Jayalalithaa, who also went around some of the animal enclosures, including one housing abandoned by elephants.
At the sprawling 602 acre zoological park, Jayalalithaa also visited other enclosures which house otter, two white tigers whom she had named Rama and Chandra two years ago.
She also laid the foundation stone for over Rs 21 crore worth projects to be undertaken in the zoo premises, an official release said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM