Tihar inmates bludgeon Delhi bus driver involved in horrific Delhi gangrape
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Mukesh Singh, the 26-year-old who was sent to judicial custody for his alleged role in the gangrape and torture of a woman on board the bus he was driving, was beaten up by inmates of Tihar Jail.
Although Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta denied reports that Mukesh was beaten and forced to drink his own urine and eat excreta, sources said it was true that Mukesh had been assaulted.
Meanwhile, Mukesh was identified on Thursday by the 28-year-old software engineer who was assaulted and thrown out of the bus. The test identification parade (TIP) was conducted inside Jail 4 of Tihar on Thursday.
Mukesh is the younger brother of Ram Singh, the first to be arrested in the case. Sources said 11 men, who were of similar height and built as Mukesh, were paraded in front of the engineer. A source said the engineer was calm during the TIP.
Mukesh was driving the bus when the 23-year-old woman was gangraped, police said.
According to police, the woman's friend, who was also badly beaten up, has been trying to provide every possible piece of information and help to investigators. He recorded his statement before a Saket court on Wednesday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet