Till he is fit, Badal will be CM: Sukhbir
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Ruling out the early retirement of Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday asserted that till the chief minister feels physically fit, he will remain at the helm.
Sukhbir was replying to media queries on senior Badal's recent gesture of handing over the reins to him.
"SAD has appointed him (Badal) as the chief minister and till he remains fit, he will continue at the post. For about next 10-15 years, there will be no question of replacing Badal," he said. Sukhbir also evaded question about any bigger role of Badal in the NDA.
Asked about the BJP and NDA's choice of Narendra Modi as the next Prime Ministerial candidate, he said: "It was premature to say something even though Modi has played tremendous role in Gujarat's development and scored hattrick as the chief minister."
Asked about the Moga bypoll, Sukhbir said that SAD was united and will win the seat with a massive margin.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held