TMC backs ‘energetic boy’ Arabul for ‘fighting anarchists’
Trinamool Congress on Tuesday accused the CPM and the Congress of "creating anarchy in the state".
Senior party leader Partha Chatterjee defended Arabul Islam, who has been accused of attacking former CPM minister, saying he is an "energetic boy" fighting against anarchist force which is trying to stall the development initiative of the state government.
Chatterjee claimed that Arabul and his other party colleagues were attacked with arms by the CPM today. However, he did not utter a single word on Bamanhata incident in which Trinamool cadres allegedly led by Arabul fired at CPM cadres who were coming to Alipore to attend a party rally.
Asked if Arabul was attacked then who had fired on the CPM cadres, Chatterjee said: "We would like to know first who had attacked Arabul."
"We have been watching for the last few days that the CPM and Congress together are trying to create anarchy and two news channels are helping them. We would organise rallies between January 10 and 18 throughout the state. On 18 January there will be a big rally in Kolkata on this issue. Having been rejected by the people, the CPM is indulging in violence using arms. We have instructed the administration to find out from where arms are being brought there (at Bhangar)," Chatterjee said.
Another key Trinamool leader and Transport Minister Madan Mitra termed the incident as "spontaneous outburst of public anger".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow