TMC councillor shot at
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A TMC councillor was shot at thrice in a crowded local train on Friday. Vijay Mishra, councillor of Rishra municipality, was travelling with his mother on a local train when he was shot by unknown miscreants. He was rushed to a hospital, where he is said to be critical. Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, accused the CPM cadres for the attack.
HC seeks report on ban on old vehicles
The Calcutta High Court on Friday asked the government to file a report stating what action has been taken on the ban on public vehicles that are more than 15 years old. The High court had directed the government on July 18, 2008and had set up an committee to look into the matter.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM