To ‘please’ deity, tantrik kills 8-yr-old daughter
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A tantrik killed his 8-year-daughter at Shantinagar Singhawala village near Ambala city on Sunday.
Neelpal, a carpenter by profession, practised witchcraft. Since his daughter was handicapped, he wanted to get rid of her. He had five daughters, including the victim whom he killed with a sword after performing religious rites.
Neelpal's brother-in-law Sukhwinder Singh, in a complaint lodged with the police, alleged that his sister Harjit Kaur and other members of the family had tried to stop Neelpal from committing the heinous crime but to no avail. The accused was alleged to have killed her to please the deity in order to be blessed with a son.
The police took the girl's body in possession for conducting a post-mortem. The police were of the opinion that Neelpal, who was absconding, seemed to be a maniac.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held