To ‘please’ deity, tantrik kills daughter
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A tantrik killed his 8-year-daughter at Shantinagar Singhawala village near Ambala city on Sunday.
Neelpal, a carpenter by profession, was a practitioner of witchcraft. Since his daughter was handicapped, he wanted to get rid of her. He had five daughters, including the victim whom he killed with a sword after performing religious rites.
Neelpal's brother-in-law Sukhwinder Singh, in a complaint lodged with the police, alleged that his sister Harjit Kaur and other members of the family had tried to stop Neelpal from committing the heinous crime but to no avail.
The accused was alleged to have killed her to please the deity in order to be blessed with a son.
The police took the girl's body in possession for conducting a post-mortem. The police were of the opinion that Neelpal, who was absconding, seemed to be a maniac.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations