Superhumans like the X-Men will exist in 30 years, claim scientists
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The iconic X-Men superheroes may soon spring out of comic books and become a reality!
Genetic experiments will create a superior race within 30 years, giving rise to superhumans like the X-Men by 2045, UK scientists claim.
Mutant humans like Wolverine, Storm and Rogue from the X-Men movies are possible, scientists told a Ministry of Defence (MOD) think-tank in UK.
"Advancements in gene technology could lead to a class of genetically superior humans by 2045," a two-day summit to predict the future reported.
"Human augmentation is likely to increase over the next 30 years. Discussions highlighted that it is possible that advances in biology, unequally shared across society, could generate genetic inequality," it said.
The MoD's obscure Development Concepts and Doctrine Centre met last summer, with experts from universities, industry and government and details from the meeting are awaited, 'The Sun' reported.
The X-Men first appeared in Marvel comics in the 1960s, fighting evil mutants. It led to the hit films, with Hugh Jackman, 44, playing Wolverine.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held