Tokas makes the most of one-year wait
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Tokas had earlier played two Ranji games for Railways. He debuted against Mumbai and then played Tamil Nadu in his second match. The records don't reflect his true character but his speed was his USP, and this is what helped him make the grade for Delhi. "I won the speedster contest in Delhi and I was told that I had clocked 135kph. I remember I played a one-day Ranji match against Vidarbha the same year and picked up four wickets. I enjoyed bowling with the white ball as I was quick and I could swing it too. I think performance in any format never goes waste and that is what perhaps helped me to find a place in Delhi," Tokas says.
Against Maharashtra at Roshanara, his first Ranji game for Delhi, Tokas impressed with his pace and picked up three wickets. His spell with the new ball was effective in each of the Maharashtra innings. The control that he displayed with the new ball led Shikhar Dhawan to make him bowl longer spells. "He is a good seamer. He is quick and can move the ball. The best thing about him is that he is fit and can bowl really long spells. It is just his first match and I believe he has done well," the Delhi skipper says.
Harshad Khadiwale whom he castled in both innings, echoed these comments. "If you ask me who is the best bowler in this Delhi unit, that has to be Sumit Narwal, because he is very accurate and doesn't make things easy for the batsmen but Tokas is quick and he is good with the new ball," Khadiwale says.
Asked if he was satisfied with his performance, Tokas says no. "The way I was planning to bowl, a lot of it went accordingly but one spell in the first innings was disturbing. But in the second I improved on that and happened to get two wickets," he says. "I just hope that I do well in the upcoming matches."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow