Tom Cruise assigned by Scientology to fight aliens?
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Tom Cruise reportedly signed a billion-year contract of service with the Church of Scientology to protect humanity from aliens, according to a new book. Written by Lawrence Wright, 'Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & The Prison of Belief' details Cruise's demigod status within the church, as well as the group's ultimate purpose protect humanity from aliens living in our bodies, who are bent on destroying us and ultimately the planet, reported New York Post.
Cruise was introduced to the religion when he was 23 years old by his then-girlfriend, actress Mimi Rogers. Seven years his senior, Rogers was an avowed member of Scientology; they married in 1987. It took several years for church leaders to realize that for all of their celebrity acolytes ¿ including John Travolta, Priscilla Presley, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Preston and Sonny Bono they had a true superstar at their disposal. Cruise, 50, would later come to believe that in the hierarchy of Scientology, he was No 3, behind only the founder, the late L Ron Hubbard (known as LRH) and No 2 David Miscavige, who goes by COB, for Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held