Tom Hanks related to President Abraham Lincoln!
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks says he is related to the former American President Abraham Lincoln.
Hanks, 54, is the third cousin, four generations removed, of Lincoln through the President's mother Nancy Hanks, reported Daily Mail.
"I'm related to Abraham Lincoln. His mother was called Nancy Hanks, and the members of my branch of the family are either cousins or in-laws or poor relations. So when I was at school, guess which president I was always doing essays on," he said.
Hanks, who acted in films like "Saving Private Ryan" and "Apollo 11", will also narrate a film called "Killing Lincoln", about the shocking assassination of the great leader.
The historical thriller combines CGI and rare historical archive material and is being made by the National Geographic Channel.
The film is based on the book by Bill O'Reilly with Billy Campbell playing Lincoln, Jesse Johnson as his assassin John Wilkes Booth, and Geraldine Hughes as Mary Todd Lincoln.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow