Top aide quits Hazare’s NGO
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Suresh Pathare, who was working with Anna Hazare's Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan in Ralegan Siddhi, resigned on Saturday.
Pathare was with the NGO since 2008, but for the past year and a half he was acting as Hazare's personal assistant. He also used to express Hazare's views on TV. "I have resigned from Annaji's office due to personal reasons," Pathare tweeted. Insiders said he offered to quit after his relations with Anna soured. Pathare was caught in a controversy after a magazine alleged he was involved in illegal sand mining.
A video clip also surfaced that reportedly showed him saying Hazare's anti-graft movement had received hawala money. Pathare has denied both allegations.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’