Toyota Corp to recall 2.77 mn cars
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Toyota Motor Corp will recall about 2.77 million vehicles worldwide, including the Prius hybrid car, due to problems with the steering mechanism and the hybrid system water pump.
Toyota will recall 13 models sold in Japan between August 2000 and January 2012, it said in a filing with Japan's transport ministry. Some 1.5 million of the recalls are of cars sold in Japan.
The announcement comes a month after Toyota recalled more than 7.4 million vehicles worldwide for faulty power window switches that are a potential fire hazard, the biggest single recall since Ford pulled 8 million vehicles off the road in 1996.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'