Toyota recalls 1 million cars for air bags, wipers problems
Toyota is recalling 907,000 vehicles, mostly Corolla models, around the world for faulty air bags and another 385,000 Lexus IS luxury cars for defective wipers, Toyota Motor Corp spokesman Naoto Fuse said today.
There have been no accidents or injuries related to either of those defects, but the Japanese automaker received 46 reports of problems involving the air bags from North America, and one from Japan, he said.
There were 25 reports of problems related to the windshield wipers.
Being recalled for air bags that can improperly inflate are 752,000 Corolla and Corolla Matrix cars in the US as well as thousands of similar vehicles in Japan, Mexico and Canada, manufactured between December 2001 and May 2004.
The problem windshield wipers can get stuck if there is heavy snowfall, according to Toyota.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow