Traffic cop assaulted by couple
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Constable Dnyaneshwarrao Shinde (49) was on his way home after visiting the Raheja Hospital in Mahim, police said. Shinde had been on sick leave for some days, and had gone to collect his medical reports before rejoining work.
"Shinde was walking by the police colony in Mahim when an Indica Vista him him as well as a woman, Bhakti Tandel (35)," said an officer.
The Vista stopped a few meters ahead and the driver, Nagendra Pujari, helped other eyewitnesses to Raheja hospital, where both Shinde and Tandel were admitted. Both of them suffered fractured ankles. Shinde was later shifted to the Bombay Hospital. "The car is a tourist vehicle and is driven by Nagendra's elder brother Dulappa. He was also in the car at the time, and was teaching Nagendra how to drive when the accident occurred. Nagendra claims that he accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake, resulting in the accident," the officer added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet