Traffic of Ferozepur road to be diverted for 3 months
Under the ongoing project of expressway, traffic from the Sidhwan bridge constructed on Ferozepur road near Verka milk plant will be diverted for three months.
Announcing this after inspecting the project on Friday, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tiwari said the entire traffic would now move from the road opposite PAU gate number one and would be routed from the Sidhwan bridge near Zone D to the main road. Two underbridges would be constructed at the Sidhwan bridge site, he added.
On the other side of the bridge, i.e. for the traffic from Ferozepur to Ludhiana, the traffic would be diverted after another three months when the work of one side would be complete, said the DC.
Municipal Commissioner R K Verma, executive engineer (PWD) Angrez Singh and many others were present on the occasion.
Illegal hoardings: FIRs to be filed against violators
The DC also took note of the illegal hoardings in the city and said Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal had issued strict instructions to remove them. FIRs would be registered against those who had put up illegal hoardings, he warned. At present, the city is dotted with illegal hoardings. The Municipal Corporation loses revenue because of the illegal hoardings which are put up free of cost.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow