Trio booked for assaulting bus driver, conductor
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Hamid Karzai to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Three unidentified men were booked on Monday for allegedly assaulting the bus driver and conductor of a private bus that belongs to the Orbit transport company, in which, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is among the majority stakeholders.
The road rage incident reportedly occurred after three men in a Safari vehicle parked their car in front of the bus as they were not allowed to overtake. Police said they then pulled conductor Gurjeet Singh and driver Surjeet Singh out of the bus and assaulted them. The incident, which went on for more than 20 minutes, disrupted the traffic on the road. The three youth allegedly also broke some of the window panes on the bus and fled after leaving their car on the road, which has a Chandigarh number. Passengers, travelling in the bus, were later shifted to other buses so as to reach the destination.
Lecture on traffic rules held
S D P College for Women organised an extension lecture-cum-workshop on Traffic Rules and Signals at the college premises on Monday. Sukhdev Singh from Traffic Education Cell, Department of Traffic Training , Ludhiana was the resource person. All employees of the college and students attended the lecture.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet