Triple murder: Cops say working on crucial leads
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Teams from various branches of the Pune police are working on some crucial leads that may help them arrest the suspect in the murder of three persons of a family in a residential society on B T Kawade Road on Thursday.
Shobha Masalkar (50), her daughter-in-law Archana (25) and granddaughter Kimaya (2) were found murdered in their flat in Champaratna Society in Udaybaug on Thursday night. Another person, Madhusudan Kulkarni (85), who stays in an adjacent flat was also seriously injured.
The incident came to light Thursday when Shobha's son Vishwajeet returned home around 8 pm. Police said he had taken an off from work to attend a friend's wedding. Police said some gold ornaments and cash from the house had gone missing, claimed Vishwajeet. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone IV) said, "We are working on some crucial leads. We hope to make a breakthrough soon." He added, "Kulkarni's condition is now stable. We are recording statements of neighbours and some more persons." Search was on for CCTV footage.
Police suspect the culprit to be someone known to the family. "It is difficult to comprehend the motive behind killing an old woman and a child," said a senior police officer.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations