TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao reacts angrily to Ghulam Nabi Azad's statement on statehood
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Reacting to Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad's recent statement that a decision on the Telangana statehood issue would not be taken in a hurry, Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K Chandrasekhar Rao remarked that "We expected a statement from Azad beforehand".
In a telephonic message to reporters late tonight, Rao, popularly known as KCR, recalled that they had termed the all-party meeting convened by the union home minister on December 28 as a "futile exercise".
"We said that the all-party meet is useless. In fact, we had registered our protest after that meeting. Azad's statements proved we were right," KCR pointed out.
He called upon Congress leaders from Telangana to come out of the Congress' "poisonous embrace" and join hands with the TRS to carry the statehood struggle forward.
TRS MLA T Harish Rao demanded that all ministers from the region quit their posts at once, since the Congress has "ditched" the people of Telangana once again.
Talking to reporters separately, TRS politburo member Sravan said that Azad's remarks merely exposed the "casual attitude" of the Congress towards the Telangana issue.
"We will wait until January 28 for a decision on Telangana, as promised by the Centre. If there is no decision, we will intensify our agitation," Sravan said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow